Sunday, November 25, 2007

Food for Fun

photo credit ThisLoveForever.com

Did you ever surf around online just for fun and find the most amazing things that lead to another ....and then another ?
I was looking for play food for my 19 month old son ( we have decided to get him a play kitchen for Christmas ) and all i was finding were plastic (practical but kind of yucky ) or
wood (pretty but dangerous when whipped at high speeds towards the chihuahua) - so i expanded my search and found some great Haba Biofino felt food at Oompa Toys, but the selection is rather limited.
So in my meanderings i came across this GORGEOUS blog that really speaks to me on so many levels but guess what ? She makes fabric food!! It is beautiful and just what i needed to inspire me to get my Husqvarna out of storage . I also found Lilly Bean who makes FANTASTIC felt food but the cost is prohibitive so once again , i am going to be making food of different color in the near future . photo credit Lilly Bean Play Food

If you love food as much as i do ( and artsy things, too ) give these sites a look-see.
Really mouth-watering and it will give you a much-needed break from the stove at this time of year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, great finds! He's going to LOOOOOVE the fabric food. it's so cute -- pancakes and bacon -- adorable!
Great blog too, good find!

xxx